Leaving Your Review
- Login to your by clicking on the “Login to Leave a Review” link on the right side of the page.
- Scroll back to the top of the page to locate the website menu.
- Click on your chosen Book List on the menu at the top. Then click on the hyperlinked title to reach the individual book page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and leave a review in the Comment box under Leave a Reply. Don’t forget to click the “Post Comment” button at the bottom to post your review!
- To receive CEU credits, you must leave a review for each book.
Guidelines for Reviews
- Keep in mind that we want your professional opinion of these books and their potential use in the classroom or for programming. We do not need a book summary; each book is summarized in the lists. Here are some questions which can help you in writing your review:
- Did you like this book? Why or why not?
- How can this book be used in the curriculum or in programming?
- For those of you that are in the classroom, would you recommend this book for curriculum use? Why or Why not? Would you recommend this book to students for pleasure reading?
- Rating (1-5 stars)
Book: Jack Plank Tells Tales by Natalie Babbit
I really enjoyed this book. It’s characters were well written & defined, & the stories Jack tells are charming. While I could tell by Chapter 3 that he would end up being a storyteller, it is a good kind of predictability since his stories were just that good. And while they were all tall tales, I could easily see sailors/pirates swapping these kinds of stories to elevate the tedium of a long voyage.
This book can be included in the curriculum either as a shorter stories to read out-loud in class, or as an assignment with accompanying projects (art projects especially come to mind). While I was reading this book last night, I could easily see myself reading it to young children out-loud for a storytime or bedtime, & because of this I can also see children reading this story for pleasure as well. It was a very fun read! *****
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com!