Hi Campers! Read all the titles from the list below. If your public library does not own a title or the waiting list is too long for your tastes, don’t forget your library card is good at all SELCO libraries. Requesting a book from elsewhere within Minnesota is another option through MNLINK. Happy Reading! (PDF of List)
Please note that some of the books on this list may seem like they’re too simple or too advanced for these grade levels. These selections were done so deliberately so as to help support the many readers along the entire length of the spectrum.
- Flowers for Sarajevo- by John McCutcheon (Peachtree Publishers, 2017), 9781561459438
- Hattie & Hudson- by Chris Van Dusen (Candlewick Press, 2017), 9780763665456
- Renato and the Lion- by Barbara Dilorenzo (Viking Books for Young Readers, 2017), 9780451476418
- Storm’s Coming!- by Margi Preus (Minnesota Historical Society Press, 2016), 9781681340180
- The Antlered Ship- by Dashka Slater (Beach Lane Books, 2017), 9781481451604
- The Chupacabra Ate the Candelabra- by Marc Tyler Nobleman (Nancy Paulsen Books, 2017), 9780399174438
- This House, Once- by Deborah Freedman (Atheneum Books for Young Readers, 2017), 9781481442848
- Thunder Underground- by Jane Yolen (WordSong, 2017), 9781590789360
- Tyrannosaurus Rex vs. Edna, the Very First Chicken- by Douglas Rees (Henry Holt, 2017), 9781627795104
- Apex Predators: The World’s Deadliest Hunters, Past and Present- by Steve Jenkins (HMH Books for Young Readers, 2017), 9780544671607
- Caroline’s Comets: A True Story- by Emily Arnold McCully (Holiday House, 2017), 9780823436644
- Grand Canyon- by Jason Chin (Roaring Brook Press, 2017), 9781596439504
- Her Right Foot- by Dave Eggers (Chronicle Books, 2017), 9781452162812
- Margaret and the Moon: How Margaret Hamilton Saved the First Lunar Landing- by Dean Robbins (Knopf Books for Young Readers), 9780399551857
- Over and Under the Pond- by Kate Messner (Chronicle Books, 2017), 9781452145426
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: The Case of R.B.G. vs. Inequality- by Jonah Winter (Harry N. Abrams, 2017), 9781419725593
- The Hawk of the Castle: A Story of Medieval Falconry- by Danna Smith (Candlewick Press, 2017), 9780763679927
- Trudy’s Big Swim: How Gertrude Ederle Swam the English Channel and Took the World by Storm- by Sue Macy (Holiday House, 2017), 9780823436651
- Campers Choice – Grades 2-3- Any title of your choice!
All book descriptions taken from the Goodreads website or Amazon.