Hi Campers! Read all the titles from the list below. If your public library does not own a title or the waiting list is too long for your tastes, don’t forget your library card is good at all SELCO libraries. Requesting a book from elsewhere within Minnesota is another option through MNLINK. Happy Reading! (PDF of List)
Please note that some of the books on this list may seem like they’re too simple or too advanced for these grade levels. These selections were done so deliberately so as to help support the many readers along the entire length of the spectrum.
- A Day with Yayah- by Nicole I Campbell (Crocodile Books, 2017), 9781926890098.
- Bowwow Powwow- by Brenda J. Child (Minnesota Historical Society Press, 2018), 9781681340777.
- Julián Is a Mermaid- by Jessica Love (Candlewick, 2018), 9780763690458.
- Melia and Jo- by Billy Aronson (HMH Books for Young Readers, 2018), 9781328916266.
- Mommy’s Khimar- by Jamilah Thompkins-Bigelow (Salaam Reads / Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers, 2018), 9781534400597.
- Owen and Eleanor Move In- by H.M. Bouwman (Sparkhouse Family, 2018), 9781506449364. [Featured Camp Read-a-Lot Author]
- The Day You Begin- by Jacqueline Woodson (Nancy Paulsen Books, 2018), 9780399246531.
- The Remember Balloons- by Jessie Oliveros (Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers, 2018), 9781481489157.
- The Very Last Castle- by Travis Jonker (Harry N. Abrams, 2018), 9781419725746.
- Go Show the World: A Celebration of Indigenous Heroes- by Wab Kinew (Tundra Books NY, 2018), 9780735262928.
- How to Code a Sandcastle- by Josh Funk (Viking / Penguin, 2018), 9780425291986.
- Howard and the Mummy: Howard Carter and the Search for King Tut’s Tomb- by Tracey E. Fern (Farrar Straus Giroux, 2018), 9780374303051.
- Imagine- by Juan Felipe Herrera (Candlewick Press, 2018), 9780763690526.
- The Girl with the Mind for Math: The Story of Raye Montague- by Julia Finley Mosca (Innovation Press, 2018), 9781943147427.
- The Honeybee- by Kirsten Hall (Atheneum Books for Young Readers, 2018), 9781481469975.
- The Sinking of the Vasa: A Shipwreck of Titanic Proportions- by Russell Freedman (Henry Holt and Co., 2018), 9781627798662.
- The Stuff of Stars- by Marion Dane Bauer (Candlewick Press, 2018), 9708763678838.
- Water Land: Land and Water Forms Around the World- World by Christy Hale (Roaring Brook Press, 2018), 9781250152442.
- Campers Choice – Grades 2-3- Any title of your choice!
All book descriptions taken from the Goodreads website or Amazon.